Tuesday, November 18, 2008

*shiver*

Long ago, when I went to a Weight Watchers meeting early one winter morning, I noticed I was trembling and shivering and couldn't get warm. I kept my coat on the entire meeting.
Side notes: Yes, I've done the WW program, twice. The second time I got my Lifetime. I don't think I ever went back, but I theoretically could—and for $9 per meeting! And it's important to note that I went to the early morning meetings, and I went without having eaten or drunk anything at all because I had to weigh in.

Back to the tale. So, I was freezing. So cold. Someone told me that it was because I hadn't eaten, so I wasn't burning fuel the same way, and was having a harder time maintainting my own personal comfortable body temperature.

I have no idea how true this is; but I've noticed since when I fast (which I've always done, once a month for religion) that I'm colder that day. And now that the weather here is turning and it's colder, I find I have a harder time feeling warm on my fasting days. Of course my computer right here is situated in a cold corner, nestled between two drafy windows. But I didn't feel quite as chilly here yesterday as I do today. Brrr.

----------------
Now playing: Jean-Yves Thibaudet - Your Hands Are Cold
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment